Spinomed active back brace
- Active extension of the spine
- Strengthens the abdominal and back muscles
- Study proved effectiveness (1,2)
The Spinomed® active corselette variant is a back brace that leads to active straightening of the upper body by the biofeedback system. It strengthens the abdominal and back musclesand thus relieves the thoracic and lumbar spine. Spinomed® active complies with the recommendations in the current note for guidance of the Dachverband Osteologie e.V. (DVO). According to these, the effect of a back brace should be to hold the spine erect.(3) The more erect posture increases lung volume, while, at the same time, reducing the typical tendency in osteoporosis for the body to sway. This can prevent fractures in the elderly.
Spinomed® active can be used for all indications, in which relief and/or correction of the thoracic and lumbar spine is necessary. These include:
- Osteoporotic vertebral fracture of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine
- Juvenile osteochondrosis
- Rounded back with chronic back pain
- With cup
- Without cup
Spinomed active is a brace designed to actively relieve load and correct the lumbar spine/thoracic spine in the sagittal plane.
(1) Pfeifer M et al. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2004;83(3):177–186.
(2) Pfeifer M et al. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2011;90(10):805–815.
(3) DVO. Prophylaxe, Diagnostik und Therapie der Osteoporose bei postmenopausalen Frauen und bei Männern. 2017:196–200. URL: http://dv-osteologie.org/uploads/Leitlinie%202017/Finale%20Version%20Leitlinie%20Osteoporose%202017_end.pdf (30.09.2020).
(4) Pfeifer M et al. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2011;90(10):805–815.
Aluminium, Cotton, Elastane, Polyamide
- Osteoporotic fracture of the vertebral bodies of the cervical and/or lumbar spine
- Juvenile Scheuermann’s disease
- Kyphosis with chronic back pain
None known at present