Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between you, the user of this website and medi UK Ltd, the owner of this website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending an order confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been received and is being processed.
We store the contract's content and will send you the details of your order, our general terms as well as correspondence relating to your order via email. You can find the Terms here at all times. The Details about your recent orders can be found in your customer log-in.
Definitions and interpretation
In this agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- "Account" means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used by users to access paid content and / or any communications system on the website;
- "Carrier" means any third party responsible for transporting purchased goods from our premises to customers;
- "Content" means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this website;
- "Goods" means any products that medi UK Ltd advertises and / or makes available for sale through this website;
- "medi UK Ltd." means medi UK Ltd., a company registered in England under company number 2110690 and whose registered office is at Plough Lane, Hereford, HR4 0EL;
- "Service" means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that medi UK Ltd. makes available through the website either now or in the future;
- "Purchase information" means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
- "Premises" means any third party that accesses the website and is not employed by medi UK Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment;
- "System" means any online communications infrastructure that medi UK Ltd. makes available through the website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- "User"/"Users" means any third party that accesses the website and is not employed by medi UK Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment;
- "Website" means the website that you are currently using https://www.mediuk.co.uk/shop/ and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain http://www.mediuk.co.uk.html unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- "Writing"/"written" means letters or electronic mail only. For the avoidance of doubt, reference to "writing/written" does not include text messages or facsimile.
Persons under the age of 18 should use this website only with the supervision of an adult. Payment information must be provided by or with the permission of an adult.
These Terms and Conditions do not apply to customers buying goods in the course of business.
- Subject to the exceptions in clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all content included on the website, unless uploaded by users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of medi UK Ltd., our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property and other laws.
- Subject to clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the website unless otherwise indicated on the website or unless given express written permission to do so by medi UK Ltd.
Third party intellectual property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyright and trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- Subject to clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
Fair use of intellectual property
Material from the website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in chapter III of the copyright designs and patents act 1988 apply.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of medi UK Ltd. or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this website
Those wishing to place a link to this website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site http://www.mediuk.co.uk/shop without prior written permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express written permission of medi UK Ltd. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact medi UK Ltd on 01432 373500.
Use of communications facilities
When using the enquiry form or any other system on the website you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other language;
- The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these terms and conditions or any applicable laws;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of medi UK Ltd. or our affiliates;
- You must not use our system for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You acknowledge that medi UK Ltd. reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our system.
- You acknowledge that medi UK Ltd. may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our system.
- You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our system or post on the enquiry form may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
Accounts webshop not website
- In order to purchase goods via the webshop you can either check out as a guest or create an account
- If you choose to set up an account, it is recommended that you do not share your account details, particularly your username and password. medi UK Ltd. accepts no liability for any loss or damages incurred as a result of your account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your account details in your internet browser.
- If you have reason to believe that your account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact medi UK Ltd. immediately to suspend your account and cancel any unauthorised purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be cancelled prior to dispatch. In the event that an unauthorised purchase is dispatched before you notify us of the unauthorised nature of the purchase, medi UK Ltd. accepts no liability or responsibility and you should make contact with the carrier detailed in the purchase information.
- When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in clause 10. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your account.
Termination and cancellation
Either medi UK Ltd. or you may terminate your account. If medi UK Ltd. terminates your account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, medi UK Ltd. reserve the right to terminate without providing a reason.
If medi UK Ltd. terminates your account, any current or pending purchases on your account will be cancelled and will not be dispatched.
medi UK Ltd. reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
If you terminate your account any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
Goods, pricing and availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of goods available from medi UK Ltd. correspond to the actual goods, medi UK Ltd. is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct goods, not different goods altogether. Please refer to clause 15.1 for incorrect goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size, model, colour, quantity of the goods that you are purchasing.
- All pricing information on the website is correct at the time of publication. medi UK Ltd. reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All prices on the website include VAT. medi UK Ltd.’s VAT number is GB 394 0436 46.
If medi UK Ltd. receives no communication from you, within 7 (seven) days of delivery, regarding any problems with the goods, you are deemed to have received the goods in full working order and with no problem.
Non-Delivery of goods
All webshop orders are sent first class post via Royal Mail. Larger items and items where the value is greater than £150 will be sent via courier.
Royal Mail’s policy of a non-delivery - if a customer raises a query for non-delivery of an order, the Royal Mail won’t consider an item of mail to be lost until 15 working days from the date it was due to be delivered, or 10 days for items sent by special delivery. If the parcel is still not delivered after this time period the customer is to inform the supplier (medi UK Ltd.) after the 15 working days have elapsed and a replacement will be sent free of charge. The replacement order will be dispatched via the Royal Mail’s trackable service.
The customer is requested to check whether the mail was correctly addressed, the mail was redirected, a mail collection was missed, the postal worker can’t access the building or there has been a public holiday.
Right to cancel
medi UK Ltd. aims to always provide high quality goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform medi UK Ltd. of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). Please also enter your order number for reference.
medi UK Ltd.
HR4 0EL Hereford
Phone: 01432 373500
Fax: 01432 373510
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, medi UK Ltd. will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
As our compression and orthopaedic products are hygiene articles we may make a 100% deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the products have been used.
Otherwise we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than either:
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
Retention of reimbursement
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Return of goods
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is also met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
Liability for diminished value of the goods
As our compression and orthopaedic products are hygiene articles you are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from opening their packages and using them.
Damage during delivery
If goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to medi UK Ltd. within 14 days and arrange collection and return. Upon receipt of the returned goods, you will be given the option to have the goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods.
medi UK Ltd. reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include,but are not limited to any characteristics of the goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
- medi UK Ltd. makes no warranty or representation that the website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
- No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst medi UK Ltd. uses reasonable endeavour to ensure that the website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
Changes to the service and Terms and Conditions
medi UK Ltd. reserves the right to change the website, its content or the Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the website following the changes. If medi UK Ltd. is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future. Please note that you are covered by the Consumer Rights Act. medi UK are members of BHTA (British Healthcare Trades Association) and therefore are signed up to the Code of Practice and a willing participant in BHTA’s complaints, mediation and arbitration process.
Availability of the website
- The service is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- medi UK Ltd. accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, medi UK Ltd. accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the website and its content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts medi UK Ltd.'s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of medi UK Ltd.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts medi UK Ltd.'s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the website.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous terms and conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these terms and conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Third party rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by Terms and Conditions is between you and medi UK Ltd.
- All notices / communications shall be given to medi UK Ltd. either by post to our registered office (see address above) or by email to email@example.com
- Such notice / communications will be deemed received 2 days after posting if sent by first class pre paid post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and medi UK Ltd. shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and medi UK Ltd. and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Online dispute resolution
Online dispute resolution in accordance with Article 14, Section 1 ODR Regulation: The European Commission is providing a platform for online dispute resolution (OS) at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. In case of any dispute consumers can contact ABTA Limited (The Travel Association), 30 Park Street, London, SE19EQ United Kingdom, https://abta.com/.