Levamed active ankle support
- Easy donning
- Adjustable strap system
- Soft Comfort Zone
Levamed® active is a support for soft tissue compression of the ankle joint with additional functional elements. The clever strap details and intuitive strap positioning make it easy to put on. In addition, it has a V stretch zone at the upper border. Thanks to the adjustable and removable strap system with elastic and inelastic areas, the ankle support can be individually adapted to the contours of the body. This ideal fit and the soft Comfort Zone over the sensitive instep area ensures that it is comfortable to wear.
The Levamed® active support can be used when soft tissue compression with one or more local additional pads is necessary for the ankle joint and at least one direction of movement is restricted by additional functional elements, such as:
- Joint sprain with overstretch of the capsule
- Chronic ligamentous instability with recurrent supination traumas (twisting of the foot)
- In the second phase of treatment for lateral ligament injuries
- Nonsurgical treatment of injuries of the syndesmosis not requiring surgery
The Levamed® active support is easy to put on using the included parachute silk donning aid. The knitted fabric with an integrated silicone fibre ensures a secure fit on the foot – even when a lot of tension is exerted on the strap.
Thanks to the compressive knitted fabric and the 3D-silicone-pad, which has a pleasant massage effect, Levamed® active can not only relieve pain, but it can also reduce swelling.
The interplay between the compressive knitted fabric (CCL II), the 3D-silicone-pads and the additional strap system ensures the stabilisation of the joint. Furthermore, due to the individually adjustable strap system, a limitation of movement into supination is possible. The compressive knitted fabric can also positively influence proprioception.
Thanks to a special hybrid fabric created from high-tech-fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre, the ankle support is particularly soft on the skin. Clima Comfort* also ensures that the support is comfortable to wear: the modern fibre-technology is breathable and wicks moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin. The integrated Clima Fresh-function also acts to prevent odours – a benefit, particularly during increased physical activity.
Levamed active is a bandage for compression of the soft tissue in the ankle joint with additional functional elements.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
Elastane, Polyamide, Polyester
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
The elaborately worked knit ensures a balanced microclimate of the skin. Moisture is transported reliably and quickly from the inner surface to evaporate from the outer surface. At the same time, the material’s active breathing structure guarantees the necessary oxygen supply.
Clima Fresh: The integrated Clima Fresh function has an odour-inhibiting effect. This is achieved via special thread technology or via special processing during the production process.
All indications which call for soft tissue compression with additional local cushion support on the ankle and where movement is limited in at least one direction of mobilisation via additional functional elements, such as:
- Sprains with capsule strain
- Chronic ligament instability with recurrent sprained ankle (twisted ankle)
- In the second treatment phase for upper ankle lateral collateral ligament rupture
- Conservative treatment of syndesmosis ligament injury which does not require surgery
Side effects on the overall body are currently unknown. However, if aids such as braces are applied too tightly, local pressure effects or narrowing of the blood vessels or nerves may occur in some cases. For this reason, you should consult your physician prior to use under the following conditions.
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of application, especially in case of signs of inflammation (excessive heat, swelling or redness)
- Sensory and circulatory disorders of the legs and feet (e.g. as a result of diabetes)
- Lymph drainage problems, as well as indistinct swelling of soft tissues outside of the area of application
Combination with other products, e.g. compression stockings, should be discussed in advance with the attending physician.