Rhizomed thumb support
- Individual adaptation
- Easy handling
- Therapeutically appropriate mobility
The Rhizomed® brace serves to immobilise the joint at the base of the thumb and the saddle joint The light aluminium construction allows the brace to be moulded individually to the hand. Thanks to the open construction, no pressure is exerted on any surgical scars that may be present Furthermore, the construction makes it easier to handle the thumb brace. Rhizomed® also ensures a therapeutically appropriate mobility with adequate freedom of movement of the fingers.
Rhizomed® can be used for all indications, in which it is necessary to immobilise the joint at the base of the thumb and the saddle joint. Examples of this are:
- rupture of the collateral ligament on the medial side of the thumb (rupture of the ulnar collateral ligament)
- wear and tear of the saddle joint of the thumb (rhizarthrosis)
- irritative conditions in the region of the joint at the base of the thumb and the saddle joint.
- Stabilisation of the thumb saddle joint and basal thumb joint
- Reduction of movement-related pain due to stabilisation of the thumb joints
Rhizomed is a thumb brace for immobilising the saddle joint and / or metacarpophalangeal joint.
- Rupture of the ulnar lateral ligament
- Irritations of the basal thumb joint and thumb saddle joint (nonsurgical, posttraumatic, postoperative, e.g.gamekeeper´s thumb
- Instable capsule/ ligament system which requires cast immobilisation