Omomed shoulder support
- Limited shoulder movement
- Suitable for wearing under clothing
- Compressive knitted fabric
The Omomed® shoulder support limits shoulder and arm movements and is individually adjustable with two different buckle positions. This allows the shoulder support to be adapted ideally to the needs of the user. Thanks to its design with soft knitted fabric, the compression support is suitable for wearing under clothing. The intelligent guidance prevents constriction by the straps in the axilla and chest areas. This increases wearing comfort in the daily use under clothing.
The Omomed® shoulder support can be used for all indications, in which the direction of movement of the shoulder has to be restricted, secured or altered. This is the case in, among other things, the conservative therapy of the following indications:
- forward dislocation of the shoulder (anterior shoulder dislocation)
- chronic anterior dislocation of the shoulder
- wear and tear of the shoulder joint (shoulder arthrosis)
The shoulder support is also used after operations to stabilise the shoulder. The compressive knitted fabric of the Omomed® shoulder support helps reduce swelling and ease muscular tension. The strap system limits shoulder movement and promotes regeneration of the joint . The shoulder support with its compressive knitted fabric also helps improve the body's proprioception, which, in turn, promotes the body's own guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
Besides the individual adjustment of the Omomed® shoulder support and the intelligent strap positioning, the Clima Comfort* technology also ensures a pleasant wearing feeling. The modern fibre combination quickly draws moisture away from the surface of the skin and guarantees high breathability. This means that the shoulder support can even be worn during physical activities.
- Limitation and prevention of injurious movements thanks to the adjustable, marked limitation of external rotation, abduction and anteflexion of the shoulder joint
- The elastic knit exerts gentle local compression on the superficial soft-tissues to limit and counteract swelling and reduce muscular tension
- Corrects postural deficits in the shoulder with accurate centring of the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity and easing of shoulder pain
Omomed is a shoulder joint compression bandage with additional functional elements.
*Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH
Elastane, Polyamide, Polyester
The elaborately worked knit ensures a balanced microclimate of the skin. Moisture is transported reliably and quickly from the inner surface to evaporate from the outer surface. At the same time, the material’s active breathing structure guarantees the necessary oxygen supply.
Clima Fresh: The integrated Clima Fresh function has an odour-inhibiting effect. This is achieved via special thread technology or via special processing during the production process.
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
All indications which require the shoulder to be limited, secured or altered in at least one direction of mobilisation such as:
- Nonsurgical with anterior shoulder dislocation and chronic anterior subluxation
- Painful omarthrosis
- Postoperative after shoulder stabilisationss
- Nonsurgical and postoperative treatment of posterior shoulder luxation