medi 4C back brace
- Extension of the lumbar and thoracic spine
- Fixation of the lumbar spine in hyperlordosis
- Fixed restriction of freedom of movement
The 4-point hyperextension brace medi 4C is used to relieve the lumbar and thoracic spine. For this, the brace restricts the movements of the upper body in the sagittal and frontal planes. medi 4C straightens up the lumbar and lower thoracic spine (extension). At the same time, the brace fixes the lumbar spine in a hollow back position (hyperlordosis).
The medi 4C brace is used for stable vertebral body fractures (compression fracture) of the middle and lower thoracic or lumbar spine. The brace can also be used for temporary immobilisation and after operations for spinal tumours or metastases. Furthermore, the brace provides permanent support for inoperable tumours and vertebral fractures due to osteoporosis (sintering).
A ratchet fastener for closing and adjusting the brace simplifies the handling of the medi 4C. The brace is fully adjustable in three planes - for a good fit. The low weight and the padding ensure it is comfortable to wear.
The medi 4C is a brace for relieving load on the lumbar spine/thoracic spine (sagittal and frontal limitation of range of motion).
Aluminium, Cotton, Polyethylene
- Stable vertebral compression fractures of the lower thoracic and lumbar spine
- Temporary postoperative orthotic care
- Conservative inoperable or postoperative treatment for tumours and metastases of the spinal column
- Axial stabilisation for osteoporotic vertebral colapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Unstable fractures of the thoracic / lumbar spine with and without neurological deficit