medi SAK shoulder support
- Immobilisation and relief
- 10 to 60° abduction
- extra upper arm wedge
medi SAK® is a shoulder support for immobilisation of the arm and relief of the shoulder with the arm held away from the body (abduction). The degree of abduction of the shoulder joint can be set individually between 10 and 60°, allowing the shoulder to be positioned at the selected angle during the healing process. The upper arm wedge keeps the arm securely positioned at all times, while it is bedded comfortably on the inflatable cushion._x000D_ The medi SAK® shoulder support is used when immobilisation and relief of the shoulder joint in abduction are required. Examples of indications:
- treatment after rotator cuff reconstruction
- for both conservative and operative treatment after a fracture of the head of the humerus (conservative, post-operative)
- after implantation of a shoulder endoprosthesis
- post-operative after separation of the AC joint
- after operative fixation of the long biceps tendon on the head of the humerus (biceps tenodesis)
- painful impingement of tissues in the region of the shoulder joint (impingement syndrome, conservative, postoperative)
medi SAK® offers a high degree of functionality and is very comfortable to wear: While the arm is securely bedded on the abduction cushion, the ring straps around the neck reduce tension on the head/neck region. Thanks to high-quality fastening mechanisms that are easy to operate, medi SAK® can be put on and taken off by the user without assistance. The ergonomic design of the hand rest and the soft padding material also ensure it is comfortable to wear.
The medi SAK is a shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
- Following rotator cuff repair
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications which expressly require internal rotation support.