Lumbamed disc back brace
- Flattening of the lumbar lordosis
- Fully adjustable3-stage modular flexibility
Lumbamed® disc was developed especially for use in the event of an intervertebral disc herniation (prolapsed intervertebral disc) or protrusion of an intervertebral disc. The lumbar support with mobilisation function provides for compression of the abdomen with the aid of the bridging pad and tension straps. The compression and the integrated supporting elements extend the lumbar spine (flatten the lordosis). The special knit and fastener shapes guarantee a correct, non-slip fit. As treatment progresses, the pad can be removed and replaced with back rods with varying degrees of hardness. A step-by-step promotion of mobilisation is achieved with the aid of the tension straps.
- Lumbamed® disc is used when it is important to partially relieve the spine by correcting the lordosis. Also: if a functional mobilisation should then follow. Other indications for the support include: Prolapsed intervertebral discs
- Intervertebral disc protrusion
- Non-specific local back pain (pseudoradicular pain syndrome)
- Muscular imbalance in the lumbar area
- Moderately severe back pain in the lumbar spine (lower back pain) and radiation into a leg (sciatica)
The rhomboid function zone in the back ensures increased breathability with its large vent openings. Lumbamed® disc can be put on easily and with a minimum of effort using the hand loops on both sides. 3-stage modular flexibility promotes appropriate therapeutic use. Integrated tension straps provide for an infinitely adjustable and individually dosable pressure. The anatomical cut-away zone in the sensitive groin region makes it very comfortable to wear (medi Comfort Zone). The folding edges of the Lumbamed® disc fastener increase the wearing comfort further. The soft inner surface of the fastener is particularly comfortable to wear on the skin. High-tech and natural eucalyptus fibres ensure a pleasant feeling on the skin and rapid moisture wicking.
Further advantages of the lumbar support with mobilisation function:
- Clima Comfort* ensures that it is comfortable to wear. Modern fibre technologies transport moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin and ensure high breathability.
- The Clima Fresh function prevents odours. This is achieved by a special fibre technology or a special add-on in the production process. The material has an antibacterial action and thus inhibits odour-forming bacteria in textiles.
Lumbamed disc is a support for partial stress relief via correction of lordosis and functional mobilisation of the lumbar spine.
*Scientifically tested by the French Textile and Apparel Institute (IFTH). The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an excellent total score with 11 out of 12 points."
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
The elaborately worked knit ensures a balanced microclimate of the skin. Moisture is transported reliably and quickly from the inner surface to evaporate from the outer surface. At the same time, the material’s active breathing structure guarantees the necessary oxygen supply.
The integrated Clima Fresh function has antibacterial actions and reliably prevents odour formation. Bacteria are kept away from the knit to maintain fibre-deep hygiene.
Soft zones in the sensitive flexor areas ensure that the support does not press on or cut into the skin, even when worn all day long.
All indications which require partial stress relief via correction of lordosis and subsequent functional mobilisation of the lumbar spine, such as:
- Intervertebral disc protrusion or disc prolaps (Nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Pseudoradicular pain syndrome
- Muscular imbalances in the lumbar area
- Moderate lower back pain
- Moderate lumbago combined with sciatica
No side-effect is known which influences the whole body. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, this may lead to local pressure effects or the constriction of blood vessels or nerves in individual cases. You shouldthus consult your doctor in the following circumstances and before applying the support:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening).
Any combination with other products must be discussed in advance with the responsible doctor.