Pre-moistened and ready to use wound debridement cloth and glove
UCS Debridement Cloths and UCS Debridement Gloves are effective wound debridement and cleaning systems for the wound and the surrounding limb skin.
Combining physical debridement with a wound cleansing solution
Wound cleaning is an important part of wound therapy. Only a clean wound can go on to heal.
The UCS Debridement System removes barriers to healing, such as sloughy tissue and wound debris, with four unique actions in one single application:
Physical debridement with unique loop technology allows for quick and pain-free removal of non-viable tissue, dry skin, bio-burden, slough and wound debris.
Deep cleaning and biofilm removal with Poloxamer 188 (1) - allows better penetration of other subsequent topical treatments. Both the UCS Debridement Cloths and UCS Debridement Gloves are ideal for the management of biofilms and actively resist biofilm regrowth.
Treats stubborn non-viable/slough tissue and dry/hardened skin plaques with Allantoin (2), a skin softener that continues to moisten following debridement.
Aloe Vera Barbadensis is a soothing and anti-inflammatory to the wound bed and surrounding skin.
Both sides of the UCS Debridement Cloth and UCS Debridement Glove can be used in a gentle polishing motion in the wound and surrounding skin. Easy to open and simple to use, the UCS Debridement System supports patient self-care where required.
- Sterile and ready to use debridement cloth
- Autolytic and mechanical debridement in a single product
- High amount of cleansing solution already included
- Non-allergic ingredients and a cloth made of viscose for a reduced risk of allergic reactions
- Contained Poloxamer 188 disperses and sequesters disrupted biofilm, Pseudomonas, MRSA, necrotic tissue and prevents reformation of biofilm over a three day period (1)
- Included Allantoin promotes cell formation, removes necrotic tissue and moisturises the skin (2)
- Aloe barbadensis leaf extract has an anti-inflammatory, anti-septic effect and at the same time cares for the perilesional skin and promotes its regeneration (8)
- Special structure of the cloth incloses slough between the fibres, so that there is no need for high pressures during the debridement action – for a gentle wound cleansing
- Both sides of the cloth can be used
- High resistance to stretch and torsion to avoid tearing of the wipe
- Compatible with all modern wound dressings
- Does not contain latex, alcohol, parabens, glycerine
- Cost- and time-saving: no preparation or further products required, as cleansing solution is already contained (9)
- Promotes wound healing by removing wound healing inhibiting factors (biofilms, Pseudomonas, MRSA, necrotic tissue) (1)
- Moisturises the skin and provides a moist wound environment to promote the natural wound healing process
- Fullfills the EWMA requirements concerning Debridement: cleanses and moisturises the wound bed, wound edges and the surrounding skin (10)
Sterile system for initial and maintenance wound debridement, cleansing and hydration of the peri-lesional area as well as the whole limb.
UCS debridement is a class 2b sterile device that is recommended for use with chronic and acute wounds, ulcers of all types, pressure sores and 1st or 2nd degree burns. It acts immediately, does not inhibit granulation and is compatible with subsequent use of any type of dressing.
Why use UCS debridement?
Wound debridement at an early and appropriate stage is likely to accelerate wound healing and improve patient care. Effective debridement has been shown to be associated with reduced exudate, reduced odour and the appearance of granulation in the wound bed (Vowden & Vowden 2011).
- Chronic wounds
- Acute wounds
- 1° and 2° degree burns
- Fistulas and abscesses
- Peristomal skin
- Ports of entry of catheters, PEG / PEJ
- Removal of bandages encrusted to the wound