Sterile, pre-moistened wound debridement cloth
Unique, convenient, safe system of care: UCS debridement is a pre-moistened single use cloth for effective wound debridement and cleaning of the surrounding leg area.
Unique, convenient, safe way to clean the leg and wound: Soft debridement cloth pre-moisturised with a mild cleansing solution which moisturises and softens without damaging healthy cells
Treat the leg, improve the life
No need to add other solutions - pre-moistened cloth is all you need to address a wound
Save time and improve outcomes
Self-care and supported self-care plans
Cleans and improves skin conditions
Safe and simple to use
How does it work?/Mode of action
UCS debridement is a class 2b sterile device that is recommended for use with chronic and acute wounds, ulcers of all types, pressure sores and 1st or 2nd degree burns. It acts immediately, does not inhibit granulation and is compatible with subsequent use of any type of dressing.
Why use UCS debridement?
Wound debridement at an early and appropriate stage is likely to accelerate wound healing and improve patient care. Effective debridement has been shown to be associated with reduced exudate, reduced odour and the appearance of granulation in the wound bed (Vowden & Vowden 2011).
- Poloxamer 188 for deep cleaning action
- Allantoin for softening hard, dry skin and wound cells
- Aloe Vera Barbadensis for moisturising
Mode of action:
- Use UCS premoistened wipe prior to emmolients. We would encourage you to all the solutiont to soak into the skin. This helps to continue the positive effect within the skin.
- For use within the wound, peri-wound and surrounding skin.
- For addressing biofilm.
- Deep cleaning of wounds.
- To treat hyperkeratosis.
- Use a light polishing action.
- Daily use recommended until significant improvement seen - usually within 7-10 days.
- Useful in supported self-care.
- There are no known contraindications.