Note: It is best if you sit on the edge of a chair or a stool when putting on the brace. After each step below, check that the brace is still fitted correctly to your leg and has not become twisted.
1. Bend the affected leg to an approx. 70 degree angle and slip the brace over it.
2. Pull the brace upwards until the fabric touches the lower edge of the kneecap, and the kneecap is positioned in the centre of the opening. Make sure that the brace is not twisted when fitted to the leg.
3. Now close the upper hook and loop fastener.
4. Close straps 1 and 2. If necessary adjust the strap-system to achieve your individual brace setting. If you wish, you can remove the strap endings and cut the strap length.
Note: You can adjust the straps and raise or reduce the pressure according to your pain levels.
5. Walk a few steps and make sure that the brace is fitted correctly to the leg and you feel a pleasant sensation of pressure and pain relief.
Donning instructions 279 KB
Connect with our Knee OA community on Facebook where we share hints and tips and discuss all things knee OA with people who understand and know what it's like to live with this condition.