Stabimed®Short soft orthosis with flexion and extension limitation
- Physioglide hinge mimics roll-glide movement
- Compressive medi Airtex+ material for high wearing comfort
- Wrap fastening for simple handling
Stabimed®: Short soft orthosis with flexion and extension limitation
Stabimed® is a short soft orthosis, whose physioglide hinge mimics the roll-glide movement of the knee. The special hinge of the brace provides a secure fit on the leg and, together with the hinge bars, ensures sideways (collateral) stabilisation of the knee joint. The compressive medi Airtex+ material also ensures pleasant wearing comfort. The compressive spacer knit can also improve the proprioception. Good proprioception supports the body in guiding and stabilising the joints. The wrap fastening also ensures easy handling of the brace.
It is advisable to use the short soft brace Stabimed® for all indications that require reinforcement of the physiological stabilisation of the knee joint and/or stress relief of the joint, such as:
- following injuries of the collateral ligaments
- for instability of the knee
- following meniscus injuries
- for osteoarthritis of the knee
Limitation of straightening and bending (extension and flexion) by Stabimed® can protect against damaging joint movements and relieve injured structures. The comprehensive wedge set allows a therapy-appropriate adjustment of the range of movement in straightening (extension) and bending (flexion) to be made. Changing the wedges in this knee guidance brace is possible without tools.
The Stabimed® orthosis has a silicone dot coating - for a secure fit on the leg. This coating is applied to the medi Airtex+ knit fabric, which provides an intelligent thermoregulation. This improves the wearing comfort of Stabimed® in summer and in winter. Due to the special knitting technology in the region of the hollow of the knee, the soft brace offers high breathability and a pleasant wearing feeling.
- Safe collateral stabilisation by rigid frame
- Extension and flexion limitation protects against damaging joint movements and relieves injured structures
- Improvement of propriocetion to increase the own guidance and stabilisation of knee joint
- Prevention of hyperextension
- Extension limitation at 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°
- Flexion limitation at: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
Stabimed is a knee support brace which limits flexion and extension.
All indications that require reinforcement of the physiological stabilisation of the knee joint and/or stress relief of the joint, such as:
- Following injury to the collateral ligament
- For knee instability
- Following meniscal injury
- For knee osteoarthritis
None known at present.