Omomed® shoulder support with additional functional elements
The Omomed® shoulder support limits shoulder and arm movements and is individually adjustable with two different buckle positions. This allows the shoulder support to be adapted ideally to the needs of the user. Thanks to its design with soft knitted fabric, the compression support is suitable for wearing under clothing. The intelligent guidance prevents constriction by the straps in the axilla and chest areas. This increases wearing comfort in the daily use under clothing
The Omomed® shoulder support can be used for all indications, in which the direction of movement of the shoulder has to be restricted, secured or altered. This is the case in, among other things, the conservative therapy of the following indications:
- forward dislocation of the shoulder (anterior shoulder dislocation)
- chronic anterior dislocation of the shoulder
- wear and tear of the shoulder joint (shoulder arthrosis)
The shoulder support is also used after operations to stabilise the shoulder. The compressive knitted fabric of the Omomed® shoulder support helps reduce swelling and ease muscular tension. The strap system limits shoulder movement and promotes regeneration of the joint. The shoulder support with its compressive knitted fabric also helps improve the body's proprioception, which, in turn, promotes the body's own guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
Besides the individual adjustment of the Omomed® shoulder support and the intelligent strap positioning, the Clima Comfort* technology also ensures a pleasant wearing feeling. The modern fibre combination quickly draws moisture away from the surface of the skin and guarantees high breathability. This means that the shoulder support can even be worn during physical activities.
*Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH
- Limitation and prevention of injurious movements thanks to the adjustable, marked limitation of external rotation, abduction and anteflexion of the shoulder joint
- The elastic knit exerts gentle local compression on the superficial soft-tissues to limit and counteract swelling and reduce muscular tension
- Corrects postural deficits in the shoulder with accurate centring of the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity and easing of shoulder pain
Omomed is a shoulder joint compression bandage with additional functional elements.
All indications which require the shoulder to be limited, secured or altered in at least one direction of mobilisation such as:
- Nonsurgical with anterior shoulder dislocation and chronic anterior subluxation
- Painful omarthrosis
- Postoperative after shoulder stabilisationss
Nonsurgical and postoperative treatment of posterior shoulder luxation.