Effective compression therapy for the treatment of leg ulcer for up to 24 hours a day
Compression therapy is an important part of the treatment for venous leg ulcers. Guidelines recommend the use of ulcer stocking systems in new, small wounds with little to no exudate. The mediven ulcer kit provides continuous, effective compression around the clock and is easy to put on due to its two components. (1)
The white liner stocking mediven ulcer will not only help to keep wound dressings in place, with 20 mmHg compression pressure it can be worn for up to 24 hours and offers therapeutically effective therapy even at night.(2, 3) Its soft material with antibacterial effect ensures a comfort when wearing and helps the donning process of the outer stocking - it simply glides over the liner stocking.(4)
During the day, when the wearer is most active, the outer stocking mediven ulcer plus is worn on top of the mediven ulcer liner increases the compression on the leg to the recommended 40mmHg.(5)
The mediven ulcer kit is supplied with 2 ulcer liners (20mmHg) and 1 mediven ulcer plus (20mmHg) The caramel-coloured and opaque outer stocking also offers a refined appearance.
(1) Harding K et al. Simplifying venous leg ulcer management. Consensus recommendations. Wounds International 2015.
(2) Partsch H. Compression stockings for treating venous leg ulcers: measurement of interface pressure under a new ulcer kit, Phlebology 2008;23(1):40–46.
(3) Wolff O et al. The effect of compression ulcer stockings on the capillary filtration rate and the formation of oedema. Phlebologie 2011;5:245-250.
(4) Tickle J. Managing venous leg ulcers and oedema using compression hosiery. Nursing Standard 2015;30(8):57-63.
(5) Franks P et al. Management of Patients with Venous Leg Ulcer: Challenges and Current Best Practice , J Wound Care 2016;25 Suppl (6):1-67.
Compression at the ankle 20 mmHg
Inspection opening on the sole of the foot
Yarn coated with elemental silver, which acts against all known pathogenic micro-organisms, binds odours and rules out pathogenic micro-organism resistance
Colour marking knitted-in at the instep/heel region for exact positioning
Soft upper cuff
Universal length (up to 44 cm calf length)
2 in each sale unit
- Below-knee stocking
mediven ulcer plus
Machine wash warm.
Do not bleach.
Tumble dry, low heat.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Therapy for venous ulcers (CEAP classification C6)
- Therapy for mixed ulcers (due to arterial and venous issues), taking the contraindications into account
- Prevention of recurrence of venous ulcer (CEAP classification C5)
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure < 30 mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot)
- Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV)
- Septic phlebitis
- Phlegmasia cerulea dolens
- Particular attention to
- Severe weeping dermatosis
- Intolerance to compressive material
- Severe paraesthesia in the limbs
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. as seen in diabetes mellitus)
- Primary chronic polyarthritis