The champion among the MTPS (medical thrombosis prophylaxis stockings)
mediven® thrombexin® 18 is a clinical compression stocking that is used for physical thrombosis prophylaxis in hospital. The indications for the mediven® thrombexin® 18 are:
- Pre-, intra- and postoperative physical thrombosis prophylaxis for immobile patients3, 4, 5, 6
- Prevention and treatment of postoperative and post-traumatic oedema7,8
Immobile patients have particular needs while they are in hospital: the inactivity of the calf muscle pump reduces the speed of the venous blood flow back to the heart. This results in an increased risk of thrombosis and for the formation of post-operative and post-traumatic oedema. Standardised compression with graduated pressure control acts on the veins and the tissue. This boosts the blood flow back to the heart and can reduce post-operative and post-traumatic oedema and effectively prevent thromboses.
A pre-requisite for an effective thrombosis and oedema prophylaxis is the pressure gradient that decreases from distal to proximal. In a comparative test1, mediven thrombexin 18 achieved the best results with regard to biomechanical properties such as the pressure gradient. The authors emphasise that the test winner is the medical thrombosis prophylaxis stocking (MTPS) from the company medi. This was the only stocking that could satisfy all of the test criteria2. The mediven® thrombexin® offers benefits for patients and nursing staff alike:
The high elasticity and the particularly soft and breathable knitted fabric with its antibacterial toe area provide a comfortable fit that patients will want to wear.
The silicone topband with its size indicator ensures a secure hold. The colour-coded size system and the indicator on the topband assist in the selection of the correct size and facilitate donning of the stockings. The heel marking also makes it impossible to position the mediven® thrombexin® 18 incorrectly. In the particularly vulnerable heel area, the mediven® thrombexin® 18 consists of a fluffy soft heel and material with high capillary action. This transports the moisture away from the skin, so the risk of maceration is reduced. Incidentally: mediven® thrombexin® 18 is suitable for thigh circumferences of up to 100 cm.
- Anatomically knitted stocking with an exactly defined pressure gradient
- Simple handling and saving of time take the pressure off nursing staff and optimise patient care
- Colour coded size system for quick and simple selection of the stocking size
- Increased compliance thanks to high elasticity and the specially soft, skin friendly and active breathing knit
- High efficiency thanks to multiple use
Round knitted clinical compression stocking for compression of the lower extremities, mainly for prevention of diseases of the venous system.
- Physical thrombosis prophylaxis in immobile patients - pre-, intra- and post-operative
- Prevention and therapy of post-operative and post-traumatic oedema
Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure < 30 mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot), Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV), Septic thrombophlebitis, Phlegmasia cerulea dolens, Massive leg oedema.
Take especial care if the patient has:
Severe weeping dermatosis, Intolerance to compressive material, Severe paraesthesia in the limbs, Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. in diabetes mellitus), Primary chronic polyarthritis