mediven® struva® 35: anti-embolism stockings with a broad spectrum of care
mediven® struva® 35 is a round-knit clinical compression stocking for compression of the lower limbs. The strongest clinical compression stocking from medi with 35 mmHg provides suitable care during the hospital stay for mobile patients and for those with serious venous disease. The indications for the anti-embolism stocking are:
- Prevention and treatment of postoperative and post-traumatic oedema5 and haematomas and providing relief from the associated pain (for example, after orthopaedic2 or venous surgical3, 4, 5 procedures)
- Physical pre-, intra-, and postoperative thrombosis prophylaxis for mobile patients6, 7, 8, 9
- Compressive treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis1, 10, 11
- Treatment of venous ulceration in partly mobile / mobile patients6, 12
Medical compression therapy with mediven® struva® 35 has benefits for both patients and nursing staff alike: the open toe simplifies hygiene and allows a quick inspection of the circulation situation. The silicone topband provides a secure hold and the special construction of the instep area ensures that there is reduced wrinkling when the foot is in dorsiflexion.
A recent study1 confirmed that the clinical compression stocking mediven® struva® 35 provides a significantly better health-related quality of life (HRQoL) compared to multilayer inelastic bandages: this includes, amongst other things, mobility, self-care, pain and physical symptoms. Furthermore, approximately 40 percent of the mean weekly material costs can be saved compared to multilayer inelastic bandages.
Authors' summary: this shows that the clinical compression stocking should be the preferred treatment option, both from the viewpoint of the patient and from the health economics perspective.
- Precisely defined compression gradient for a high degree of medical effectiveness
- Painful constrictions and window oedemas are reliably prevented
- Safe, fast, and simple to use
- High level of treatment compliance due to greater wearing comfort
- Colour coded size system for quick and simple selection of the stocking size
- Highly cost-effective due to multiple use and wounds are easy to inspect and treat
- Suitable for thigh circumferences of up to 78 cm
Round knitted clinical compression stocking for compression of the lower extremities, mainly for prevention and treatment of diseases of the venous system and general swelling.
- Below-knee stocking
- Upper thigh-length stocking
41% elastane, 59% polyamide
I – VII
Below-knee stocking (AD)
Thigh-length stocking (AG)
Thigh-length stocking (AG) with waist attachment
- Physical thrombosis prophylaxis in mobile patients - pre-, intra- and post-operative
- Prevention and therapy of post-operative and post-traumatic oedema and haematoma and for reduction of concomitant pain (e.g. orthopaedic or venous surgery)
- Therapy of venous leg ulcer in partially mobile / mobile patients
- Compressive treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis
Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure < 30 mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot), Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV), Septic thrombophlebitis, Phlegmasia cerulea dolens, Massive leg oedema
Take especial care if the patient has:
Severe weeping dermatosis, Intolerance to compressive material, Severe paraesthesia in the limbs, Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. in diabetes mellitus), Primary chronic polyarthritis
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00