medi SAS® multiSupport for positioning in abduction and external rotation
- Relief of the shoulder in 15° abduction
- optional positioning of the shoulder in slight external rotation
- adapted cushion for stable positioning, even when lying down
medi SAS® multi - for immobilisation of the shoulder in abduction
The medi SAS® multi shoulder support holds the arm away from the body at an angle of 15° (abduction) and thus relieves the shoulder. Thanks to the padding surrounding the waist, secure positioning is guaranteed, even when lying down. A separate wedge can be used to turn the shoulder in a slightly external rotation, if necessary.
The medi SAS® multi support is used when immobilisation and relief of the shoulder joint are required in abduction and optionally in external rotation This can, for example, be the case after reconstruction of the rotator cuff. Furthermore, the shoulder support can also be used for other medical diagnoses and interventions:
- after surgery to stabilise the shoulder
- conservative treatment after dislocation of the shoulder (anterior shoulder dislocation)
- conservative or post-operative treatment after a fracture of the head of the humerus
- after implantation of a shoulder endoprosthesis
- following surgery for AC joint separation
- after operative fixation of the long biceps tendon on the head of the humerus (biceps tenodesis)
- painful impingement of tissues in the region of the shoulder joint (impingement syndrome, conservative, postoperative)
medi SAS® multi immobilises the shoulder joint and holds it in slight abduction. Thanks to the padding surrounding the waist, the support guarantees secure positioning day and night. This means the joint can be protected against harmful movements after an injury or an operation.
The support adapts in a special way to the needs of the user: the ergonomically designed hand rest ensures good wearing comfort in everyday life. The construction of the medi SAS® multi ensures a stable pressure relief in the subacromial space, the gap between the roof of the shoulder and the head of the humerus. The special ring straps transmit tension forces away from the shoulder / neck region. Furthermore, high-quality fastening mechanisms and padding material enhance the support – for easier handling and a pleasant comfort in wear.
medi SAS® multi with its separate wedge makes it possible to position the shoulder in slight external rotation. This allows the support to be adapted individually to the wearer and the planned therapy. The forearm pouch facilitates a functional follow-up treatment such as physiotherapy: it is easy to open, so that therapeutic movements can be performed.
- Lateral positioning with anatomically shaped cushion to avoid
- Relieves pressure on the subacromial space
- Supports ventral limbus and capsule areas
medi SAS multi is a shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
All indications requiring immobilization of the shoulder joint in abduction and optional in external rotation such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- After shoulder stabilization
- After anterior shoulder dislocation (nonsurgical)
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications that specifically require an internal rotation or an abduction of more than 15 °