medi SAS® 45Support for positioning in 30° or 45° abduction
- Relief of the shoulder in 30°- or 45° abduction
- Simple modification between 30°- and 45° abduction
- Anatomically moulded pad for stable positioning
medi SAS® 45 for immobilisation of the shoulder in abduction
medi SAS® 45 is a shoulder support for relief of the shoulder in a splayed position (abduction). The angle of abduction can be set at 30 degrees or 45 degrees abduction. Furthermore, the support can be used for either the left or the right shoulder with a simple modification. An anatomically pre-moulded pad ensures stable positioning and immobilisation of the joint. Backward movements (posterior) are prevented by the shoulder support.
The shoulder support medi SAS® 45 is used when immobilisation and relief of the shoulder joint in abduction are necessary, for example
- after rotator cuff repair
- for conservative / postoperative treatment of humeral head fractures (fracture of the humeral head)
- after insertion of a shoulder prosthesis (shoulder prosthesis implantation)
- for postoperative therapy of acromioclavicular joint dislocation
- after operative fixation of the long biceps tendon to the head of the humerus (biceps tenodesis)
Immobilisation or fixation of the joint in 45- or 30 degrees abduction serves to protect and relieve the shoulder. In doing so, the ergonomically designed hand rest ensures optimal comfort. The positioning reduces the pressure in the subacromial space, the region between the top of the shoulder and the head of the humerus. The immobilisation can prevent pain on movement in the shoulder.
A further benefit: the upper and forearm straps of the shoulder support medi SAS® 45 are simple to open, so the user can put it on and take it off independantly. This also simplifies aftercare.
medi SAS® 45 is a medical device that is practical to put on and take off whilst being comfortable to wear, while the ring straps help to reduce tension in the shoulder and neck area.
- Lateral positioning with anatomically shaped cushion to relieve the ventral limbus and the capsule
- Relieves pressure on the subacromial space
- 30° or 45° abduction position to avoid adhesions to the axillary recess (frozen shoulder)
The medi SAS 45 is a shoulder joint support for immobilisation and stress relief.
For all indications which require immobilisation and stress relief of the shoulder joint in abduction, such as:
- After rotator cuff repair
- Humeral head fractures (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- After insertion of shoulder prosthesis
- After stabilization of acromioclavicular joint dislocations
- After biceps tenodesis
- Impingement syndrome (nonsurgical, postoperative)
- All indications which expressly require internal rotation or abduction of more than 45° or less than 30°.