medi PT control®Soft orthosis for patella tracking control
- Guidance and stabilisation of patella movement
- Physioglide hinge mimics the roll-glide movement of the knee
- Compressive medi Airtex+ material for high wearing comfort
medi PT control®: knee brace to correct and secure patellar tracking
medi PT control® helps to guide and stabilise movement of the patella. The physioglide hinge on the brace mimics the roll-glide movement of the knee and ensures a secure fit on the leg. In combination with the compressive medi Airtex+ material, the product convinces with high wearing comfort.
With the patella guidance clamp, the medi PT control® secures patellar movement and counteracts lateralisation of the patella. Straightening (extension) and bending (flexion) of the knee can be set within certain limits. The knee brace is used for all indications, in which a correction and/or relief and protection of patellatracking in defined range of motion is necessary. This is the case for conservative or postoperative treatment after luxation of the patella and in patellofemoral pain syndrome. It is also advisable to wear medi PT control® for lateral malalignment and associated instability of the knee. medi PT control® can also be used after retropatellar cartilage surgery.
Thanks to the silicone dot coating, medi PT control® ensures a reliable and comfortable fit on the leg. The breathable medi Airtex+ material has a thermoregulatory action and thus convinces with wearing comfort. The wearing feeling is rounded off by the high-quality netting in the region of the hollow of the knee. The compressive medi Airtex+ material of the medi PT control® can improve the proprioception. This can, in turn, support the body in guiding and stabilising the joints.
A special benefit of the knee brace: the comprehensive wedge set for adjusting the extension and flexion limitation of the medi PT control® allows a flexible adaptation of the range of movement during treatment. The wedges in the hinge construction can be replaced without tools.
The medi PT control® knee brace is available in two variants, a slip-in version and a wrap version. Handling is very simple: the slip-in variant of the product is simply pulled over the knee. The wrap variant makes it possible to put on the brace without bending the knee. Thus the patella dislocation brace is suitable for the widest range of users and reliably secures patellar movement.
- Reliable relief of injured or operative treated sturctures
- Correction of lateral Patella mal-tracking
- Collateral stabilization
- Extension and flexion limitation protects against damaging joint movements and relieves injured structures
- Limitations: extension: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, flexion: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°, immobilisation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°
- Also available as wrap version. Excellent compliance due to wrap-around version with velcro closing to the front.
medi PT control is a brace with adjustable hinges for correction and control of patellar tracking.
All indications that require correction and/or load relief and reinforcement of correct patellar tracking within a defined range of motion, such as:
- Patella luxation (conservative/ operative)
- Patellofemoral pain syndrom
- Lateral malalignement with knee instability
- Retropatellar cartilage surgey
None known at present.