4-point brace medi 4C
The 4-point hyperextension brace medi 4C is used to relieve the lumbar and thoracic spine. For this, the brace restricts the movements of the upper body in the sagittal and frontal planes. medi 4C straightens up the lumbar and lower thoracic spine (extension). At the same time, the brace fixes the lumbar spine in a hollow back position (hyperlordosis).
The medi 4C brace is used for stable vertebral body fractures (compression fracture) of the middle and lower thoracic or lumbar spine. The brace can also be used for temporary immobilisation and after operations for spinal tumours or metastases. Furthermore, the brace provides permanent support for inoperable tumours and vertebral fractures due to osteoporosis (sintering).
A ratchet fastener for closing and adjusting the brace simplifies the handling of the medi 4C. The brace is fully adjustable in three planes - for a good fit. The low weight and the padding ensure it is comfortable to wear.
- Hyperextension of the vertebral column provides stabilisation in the saggital plane
- Rotational stability is restricted by the subclavicular extension pads
- Stable framework construction restricts lateral flexion
The medi 4C is a brace for relieving load on the lumbar spine/thoracic spine (sagittal and frontal limitation of range of motion).
Aluminum, Polyethylene, Cotton
All indications that require partial load relief via correction of the lumbar/thoracic vertebrae and sagittal and frontal limitation of the range of motion, such as:
- Stable vertebral compression fractures of the lower thoracic and lumbar spine
- Temporary postoperative orthotic care
- Conservative inoperable or postoperative treatment for tumours and metastases of the spinal column
- Axial stabilisation for osteoporotic vertebral colapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Unstable fractures of the lumbar/ thoracic vertebrae with or without neurologic deficit.
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00