Hyperextension brace with cantilever closing mechanism
medi 4C flex is a hyperextension brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the lumbar spine / thoracic spine and only on unbroken skin.
Moveable hip bar for better comfort while sitting
Available in 4 sizes with optional adjustments of the side bar length
Easy to use with new developed button closer
Width of chest bars is adjustable
Also available as short version and ultrashort version
Available with button or hook closer
How does it work?/Mode of action
Hyper-extension of the vertebral column provides stabilisation in the saggital plane
Rotational stability is restricted by the subclavicular extension pads
Stable framework construction restricts lateral flexion
Adjusting the width
First loosen the screws on the chassis and adjust the orthosis to the width of the patient's body. Please always check that the functioning of the hinged fastener is not restricted.
Now loosen the two screws on the side of the chassis and the screws on the fastener. Adjust the orthosis to suit the patient’s length – distance from the symphysis pubis to the subclavicular contact area. Then retighten all the screws.
Adjusting the strap length
Using the Velcro fastener and the reversing loop adjust the length of the strap so that the pad comes to lie in the middle of the back. Remember that a few centimetres of the strap will have to be pulled through the fastener.
Opening and closing the fastener
Slide the grey bar sideways to open the fastener. To close the orthosis flip the cover over until it audibly clicks into place.
- Stable vertebral compression fractures of the lower thoracic and lumbar spine
- Medium-term immobilisation after intervertebral disc surgery
- Axial stabilisation in osteoporotic bone collapse of the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Temporary orthotic care after open surgery of unstable vertebral body fractures
- Permanent orthotic care for inoperable spinal tumors and metastases
- Postoperative orthotic care after surgery for tumors and metastases of vertebral bodies
- Aftercare of spinal decompression surgery with and without internal fixation
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00