medi 3 C®Brace to relieve the lumbar and thoracic spine
- Extension and fixation of the lumbar and thoracic spine
- dynamic adaptation of the sternal pad to the body's position
- Ratchet fastener makes the brace easy to close
Hyperextension brace medi 3 C®
The 3-point hyperextension brace medi 3 C® helps to relieve the lumbar and thoracic spine in the sagittal plane. On the one hand, it extends the lumbar spine and the lower thoracic spine (extension) and, on the other, it holds the lumbar spine in a hollow back position (hyperlordosis) The medi 3 C® has a dynamic sternal pad (cushion at the level of the breastbone), which adjusts to the various positions of the body when standing and sitting. The ratchet fastener makes it possible for the user to open and close it easily. The medi 3-point corset is used when treatment requires partial relief of the lumbar and thoracic spine or restricted freedom of movement of the spinal column in the sagittal plane. This includes, for example, stable compression fractures of the vertebral bodies in the middle and lower thoracic and/or lumbar spine as well as a more pronounced curvature of the thoracic spine as a result of juvenile osteochondrosis. The hyperextension brace is also used for temporary immobilisation after operations.
medi 3 C® helps straighten and immobilise the affected region. Furthermore, the materials used are water-resistant. This simplifies use in day-to-day life.
- Extension of the spine (thoracolumbar junction)
The medi 3C is a brace for relieving load on the lumbar spine/thoracic spine (sagittal limitation of range of motion).
All indications that require partial load relief via correction of the lumbar/ thoracic vertebrae and sagittal limitation of the range of motion, such as:
- Stable vertebral body compression fracture of the middle or lower thoracic and/or lumbar spine
- Scheuermann’s disease
- Temporary post-operative immobilisation
- Unstable fractures of the lumbar/ thoracic vertebrae with or without neurologic deficit.