Stabilisation of the wrist due to compressive fabric and volar splint
Reduction of movement-related pain due to stabilisation of the wrist
Improved blood flow to the soft tissue areas due to compressive garment → Reduction of swelling and haematoma
How does it work?/Mode of action
Manumed active has a stabilising effect that prevents unhealthy movements of the wrist through the interaction of compressive knitted fabric, belt strap and individually adjustable splints. This relieves the muscles of the lower arm as well as tendons and tendon insertions in the affected area and reduces irritations. The compressive effect of the knitted fabric also restricts swelling.
In principle, the support can be worn for the whole day but should be taken off during longer periods of rest (e.g. sleep). But you should make this dependent on how you feel. In the event of unexpected, excessive changes, e.g. an intensification of the symptoms, please take the product off immediately and contact your doctor or supplying dealer.
The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out thoroughly.
Open the belt strap before putting the support on.
Fold back the lower end of the support. The splint is now inserted into the corresponding pocket on the inside of the support. Pay attention to the correct alignment of the splint to the pocket.
Pull the support over your hand so that you can see the „m“ on the back of your hand.
Close the belt strap so that the opening in the belt strap is positioned over the outer knuckle.
To remove, open the belt strap. Grasp inside the support from the palm. Pull the support off your hand while pressing against the inside pocket and splint.
Please note that the first time you put the support on you should be instructed by qualified personnel.
Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane
Velcro fasteners should be closed for washing. The splint must be removed before washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
Do not bleach.
Leave to dry naturally.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Wrist injuries, e.g. sprains, distortions
- Irritative conditions (post-traumatic, post-operative, rheumatic)
- Osteoarthrosis of the wrist
- There are no known side effects if the correctly sized product is fitted as recommended. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, this may lead to local pressure effects or the constriction of blood vessels or nerves in individual cases. You should thus consult your doctor in the following circumstances and before applying the support:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Paralgesia and circulatory disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues outside the area of use
- Any combination with other products (e.g. arm stockings) must be discussed beforehand with the attending doctor
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00