Lumbamed® discModular lumbar support for relief and mobilisation
- Flattening of the lumbar lordosis
- Fully adjustable with tension straps3-stage modular flexibility
- Adaptable to the individual phases of treatment
Lumbamed® disc - support for mobilisation after intervertebral disc herniation
Lumbamed® disc was developed especially for use in the event of an intervertebral disc herniation (prolapsed intervertebral disc) or protrusion of an intervertebral disc. The lumbar support with mobilisation function provides for compression of the abdomen with the aid of the bridging pad and tension straps. The compression and the integrated supporting elements extend the lumbar spine (flatten the lordosis). The special knit and fastener shapes guarantee a correct, non-slip fit. As treatment progresses, the pad can be removed and replaced with back rods with varying degrees of hardness. A step-by-step promotion of mobilisation is achieved with the aid of the tension straps.
- Lumbamed® disc is used when it is important to partially relieve the spine by correcting the lordosis. Also: if a functional mobilisation should then follow. Other indications for the support include: Prolapsed intervertebral discs
- Intervertebral disc protrusion
- Non-specific local back pain (pseudoradicular pain syndrome)
- Muscular imbalance in the lumbar area
- Moderately severe back pain in the lumbar spine (lower back pain) and radiation into a leg (sciatica)
The rhomboid function zone in the back ensures increased breathability with its large vent openings. Lumbamed® disc can be put on easily and with a minimum of effort using the hand loops on both sides. 3-stage modular flexibility promotes appropriate therapeutic use. Integrated tension straps provide for an infinitely adjustable and individually dosable pressure. The anatomical cut-away zone in the sensitive groin region makes it very comfortable to wear (medi Comfort Zone). The folding edges of the Lumbamed® disc fastener increase the wearing comfort further. The soft inner surface of the fastener is particularly comfortable to wear on the skin. High-tech and natural eucalyptus fibres ensure a pleasant feeling on the skin and rapid moisture wicking.
Further advantages of the lumbar support with mobilisation function:
- Clima Comfort* ensures that it is comfortable to wear. Modern fibre technologies transport moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin and ensure high breathability.
- The Clima Fresh function prevents odours. This is achieved by a special fibre technology or a special add-on in the production process. The material has an antibacterial action and thus inhibits odour-forming bacteria in textiles.
*Scientifically tested by the French Textile and Apparel Institute (IFTH). The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an excellent total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Stabilisation of the lumbar spine area and the lumbosacral transition by means of integrated dorsal stabilisation elements
- Reduction of the lumbar lordosis via abdominal compression, strap system additionally supports the abdominal area
- Due to the modular design (back pad, straps and exchangeable stabilising rods) the stability of the support can be adapted /reduced to suit the course of recovery
Lumbamed disc is a support for partial stress relief via correction of lordosis and functional mobilisation of the lumbar spine.
All indications which require partial stress relief via correction of lordosis and subsequent functional mobilisation of the lumbar spine, such as:
- Intervertebral disc protrusion or disc prolaps (Nonsurgical, postoperative)
- Pseudoradicular pain syndrome
- Muscular imbalances in the lumbar area
- Moderate lower back pain
- Moderate lumbago combined with sciatica
- None known at present