Individually adjustable and removable strap system with elastic and inelastic sections → Additional hold and stabilisation, „protection“ against twisting (supination)
Massage effect by the integrated silicone pads → Reduction of swelling (oedema, haematomas)
Proprioceptive compression → Guidance and stabilisation of the joints
How does it work?/Mode of action
Due to the interaction of the compressive knitted fabric, silicone pads integrated on both sides and a novel strap system, the brace serves to stabilize the ankle. The brace itself causes a massaging effect which promotes circulation, thus accelerating the reduction of swelling and bruising. The strap system supports the body’s own stabilization and provides extra support, similar to a tape bandage. The Levamed active brace is thus suitable for preventive protection against injuries caused by twisting of the ankle, especially during exercise, when the muscles become fatigued.
The brace achieves its greatest effect during physical activity.
In general, the brace can be worn all day. However, this should be done according to your comfort. During longer breaks (e.g. prolonged sitting / road trips, sleeping), the brace should be removed. If excessive pain or discomfort occur during wearing, please remove the product immediately and contact your physician or medical care business.
Polyamide, polyester, elastane
Velcro fasteners should be closed for washing. Soap residues, lotions and ointments can cause skin irritation and material wear.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
Do not bleach.
Leave to dry naturally.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Joint sprain with overstretch of the capsule
- Chronic ligamentous instability with recurrent supination traumas (twisting of the foot)
- In the second phase of treatment for deltoid ligament injuries
- Acute or chronic post-traumatic or postoperative irritation of the talocrural and subtalar joints
- Conservative treatment of injuries of the syndesmosis not requiring surgery
- Follow-up treatment of fractures not requiring a cast
- Side effects on the overall body are currently unknown. However, if aids such as braces are applied too tightly, local pressure effects or narrowing of the blood vessels or nerves may occur in some cases. For this reason, you should consult your physician prior to use under the following conditions:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of application, especially in case of signs of inflammation (excessive heat, swelling or redness)
- Sensory and circulatory disorders of the legs and feet (e.g. as a result of diabetes)
- Lymph drainage problems, as well as indistinct swelling of soft tissues outside of the area of application
- Combination with other products, e.g. compression stockings, should be discussed in advance with the attending physician
Levamed® active ankle support with stabilisation strap system
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00