Genumedi® PTKnee brace for patellar guidance
- Pain relief and disspipation of swelling
- Complex pad design to guide the patella
- Pressure individually adjustable with the strap
Genumedi® PT knee brace for patellar guidance
Genumedi® PT is a support to influence the glide direction of the kneecap (patella). The integrated silicone pads in the knee support relieve pain and lead to a reduction of swelling (such as oedema or haematomas). The complex pads design positively influences correct patellar guidance by specifically addressing individual muscles. The pressure can be individually adjusted by means of the support's strap.
The Genumedi® PT knee support is used when a positive effect on the guidance of the patella is necessary, such as:
- patellofemoral pain syndrome
- patellar maltracking
- Patellar lateralisation
- Hypermobile patella
The compressive knitted fabric of the Genumedi® PT enables a stabilisation and relief of the joint. The thus improved self-perception of the body (proprioception) supports the guidance and stabilisation of the joint.
The muscle-relaxing pad on the Genumedi® PT support acts on the trigger point to relax the outer thigh muscle (vastus lateralis muscle). The pressure on the pad can be regulated by the strap. The activating pad stimulates in turn the inner muscles of the thigh. A laterally reinforced patella ring supports a safe guidance of the kneecap. The surface pressure exerted on the kneecap is minimised by the open enclosure of the patellar silicone ring. At the same time, the knitting technique (medi Soft border) prevents unpleasant constriction at the ends of the support.
Genumedi® PT is gentle on the skin as a result of the special combination of high-tech fibres and natural eucalyptus fibres. Clima Comfort* boosts the pleasant wearing feeling: the modern fibre technology quickly transports moisture from the surface of the skin and ensures high breathability. Furthermore, the integrated Clima Fresh function has an antibacterial action and prevents odours. Thus Genumedi® PT is just as suitable for sporting activities as it is for everyday life.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Positive effect on the muscular structures that guide the patella to compensate for imbalance
- Reduces muscle tone of vastus lateralis
- Activates vastus medialis
- Aterally reinforced silicone ring gently guides the patella for reliable movement in the femoral groove
- Proprioceptive compression for reliable guidance and stabilisation of the joints
Genumedi PT is a brace which guides patella tracking.