Achimed®Supprt for soft tissue compression of the achilles tendon
- Innovative comfort-knit with anatomically correct fit
- 3D silicone pad
- Wedges to raise the heel are included
Achimed® Achilles tendon support with 3D-silicone-pad
The Achimed® Achilles tendon support consists of an innovative comfort knitted fabric, which adapts to fit to the body, a soft instep area and supple borders.
The integrated 3D silicone pad exerts a pleasant massage effect on the surrounding tissues. The bandage also helps dissipate swelling (oedema, haematomas) and can thus relieve pain. Wedges to raise the heels are also included, which can bring relief for an acute inflammation of the Achilles tendon.
The Achilles tendon support can be used when soft tissue compression with one or more local pressure pads on the Achilles tendon is necessary. Such as:
- acute and chronic inflammation of the Achilles tendon
The Achimed® soft support has a breathable zone on the sole. The resulting improved moisture regulation provides a pleasant wearing feeling. The included parachute silk donning aid enables the user to put on the Achilles tendon bandage more easily.
An additional benefit of the support is the Comfort Zone: the soft, sheer and elastic material moulds itself to the shape of the user's foot, particularly over the sensitive joint areas. Thanks to the intelligent knitting technique at the ends of the support (medi Soft Edge), it does not cut into the skin. At the same time, a stabilisation and relief of the joint is elicited via the compressive knitted fabric (CCL II) of the Achimed® support. In addition, it can improve proprioception.
The Clima Comfort* technology wicks moisture quickly away from the surface of the skin – making the Achilles tendon bandage feel pleasantly dry and comfortable to wear. The special hybrid fabric created from high-tech-fibre and natural eucalyptus fibre ensures a high level of breathability and is soft on the skin. The integrated Clima Fresh function has an antibacterial action and inhibits odour-forming bacteria. Therefore, Achimed® is just as suitable for use in everyday life as it is during increased physical activity.
* Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
- Massage effect due to integrated silicone pads -> reduction of swellings (oedema, hematomes)
- Proprioceptive compression → Guidance and stabilisation of the joints
- The optional, insertable heel wedges reduce painful tension on the Achilles tendon
Achimed is a bandage for compression of the Achilles tendon.