Massage effect due to integrated silicone pads -> reduction of swellings (oedema, hematomes)
Proprioceptive compression → Guidance and stabilisation of the joints
The optional, insertable heel wedges reduce painful tension on the Achilles tendon
How does it work?/Mode of action
Achimed causes a massage effect, which supports perfusion, by interacting with compressive knitted fabric and the two integrated silicon inlays. This effect furthers the decline in swellings and bruises. Irritation and pain are relieved. Simultaneously the muscular control and the inherent stabilisation of the ankle joint improve.
Supports cause the greatest effect during physical exercise.
Wrap over the upper part of the support till the outside edge of the silicon inlay.
Take hold off the support in the middle of the silicone inlays and pull it over the foot till the heel part fits tightly.
Turn back the upper part of the support and correct the fit if necessary. It fits properly if the seam runs over the middle of the heel and the Achilles tendon is noticeably embedded in the groove in the inlay.
IMPORTANT: always wear both supports simultaneously in your shoes to ensure the same leg length. Once the acute symptoms subside the supports should be used alternately (e.g. every 2 hours) as you see fit and not worn gradually to accustom the tendon to normal loads. Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
In principal, the support can be worn all day. However, this depends on how comfortable the support is to wear. The support should be taken off for longer breaks (e.g. sitting for a long time or a long car drive, sleeping). If you suffer excessive pain or discomfort during wear, please take off the product immediately and contact your doctor or specialized shop. The support is suitable for use in water. After use, please rinse out the product thoroughly.
Polyamide, polyester, elastane
Fabric softeners, fats, oils, lotions, ointments and soap residues can affect the material, hinder the climate comfort effect and cause skin irritations.
Wash the product by hand, preferably using a medi clean detergent, or in delicate cycle at 30°C using a mild detergent without fabric conditioners.
Do not bleach.
Leave to dry naturally.
Do not iron.
Do not dry clean.
- Acute and chronic inflammation of the Achilles tendon
- Post-traumatic and postoperative inflammation
- No side-effect is known which influences the whole body. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, local pressure effects or constriction of blood vessels or nerves may occur in individuals. For this reason, under the following conditions and before applying the support, you should discuss this with your doctor:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs or feet (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as unclear swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
- Any combination with other products (e.g. compression stockings) must be discussed in advance with the responsible doctor
- 01432 373500
- MON - FRI, 09.00 - 17.00