Unique, Convenient, Safe system of care
UCS debridement is a pre-moistened single use cloth for effective wound debridement and cleaning of the surrounding leg area.
Benefits for you
- Unique, convenient, safe way to clean the leg and wound
- Resource optimisation
- Treat the leg, improve the life
- No bucket required
- Save time and improve outcomes
Benefits for your patient
- Soft debridement cloth pre-moistened with a mild cleansing solution which moisturises and softens without damaging healthy cells
- Odour reduction
- Self-care plan
- Cleans and improves skin conditions
- Safe and simple to use
Field of application
UCS debridement is a class 2b sterile device that is recommended for use with chronic and acute wounds, ulcers of all types, pressure sores and 1st or 2nd degree burns. It acts immediately, does not inhibit granulation and is compatible with subsequent use of any type of dressing.
Why use UCS debridement?
Wound debridement at an early and appropriate stage is likely to accelerate wound healing and improve patient care. Effective debridement has been shown to be associated with reduced exudate, reduced odour and the appearance of granulation in the wound bed (Vowden & Vowden 2011).
The UCS has three specific properties that combine for effective debridement:
- It is supplied pre-moistened with an anallergic solution to soften the necrotic tissue, plaque, fibrin and slough
- The special weave of the gauze traps all debris and biofilm in its fibres
- The solution aids cleaning and hydration of the perilesional area
UCS™ Debridement demonstration
Trudie Young discusses effective wound debridement with UCS
UCS Debridement is supplied in individual sterile foil packs in boxes of 10. Product code DT500.