Module "Venous Disease Management"
Our elearning modules are written by Clinical Specialists in the field of venous and lymphatic disorders, by completing them you will have a deeper understanding of how the veins and lymphatics work and how to help disorders using the medi therapy chain.
Please register to enjoy the digital learning experience or log in if you are already registered!
In this eLearning module (60 minutes) you will learn about the following:
- Anatomy & Function: Pulmonary and systematic circulation, the venous and lymphatic system
- Physiology & Pathophysiology: Venous insufficiency, risk factors, causes, symptoms
- Indications: Stages of venous diseases, CEAP classification, chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), venous leg ulcers
- Assessment & ABPI: Importance of a holistic assessment, ABPI measurement, MESI diagnostic tool
- Therapy: Treatment of arterial and venous ulcers, wound cleansing with UCS Debridement, graduated compression, adjustable compression devices
- Prevention of Recurrence: Rationale for the use of compression hosiery, resting and working pressure, compression classes, compression products, patient education