mediven 550 leg below knee compression stockings
- Very high wall stability
- High working pressure
- Firm, strong knitted fabric
mediven® 550 leg below knee compression stockings convinces users with its very high wall stability and high working pressure generated by the firm and strong knitted fabric. mediven® 550 leg is used in the treatment of disorders of the lymphatic system and for lipoedema. The stockings compress the legs. They are equally suitable for patients with very soft connective tissues as they are for those with hardened connective tissues.
mediven® 550 compression garments are suitable for large differences between circumferences and overhanging tissue, including at the ankle. The pressure exerted by the compression stocking promotes lymphatic outflow. The product also brings relief to patients with accompanying pronounced obesity and severe lymphoedema.
mediven® 550 leg not only scores points at the medical level, but also in terms of fashion: The wide variety of colours and patterns as well as special accessories offer numerous possible combinations. Unique patterns and design and fashion elements as well as sparkling crystals at the ankle are possible. mediven® 550 compression garments are stylish companions that convince users with their high comfort in wear, both during leisure time and at work. The Clima Fresh and Clima Comfort* technologies also ensure breathability and rapid moisture
- High working pressure
- Over 5,600 possible combinations with special extras such as flexure functional zone, hallux ease zone an gluteal shaper
- Numerous variants, e.g. leg segments for double and multi-part garments
- Fashionable variety: 6 standard colours, 5 trend colours and 3 unique design elements
- Fashion-Elements: unique two-coloured stockings with 4 patterns, 4 colour combinations and 16 possibilities
Flat-knitted medical stockings are used for compression of the lower extremities, mainly for the treatment of disorders of the venous and lymphatic systems
*Scientifically tested by the French Institut IFTH. The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an outstanding total score with 11 out of 12 points.
Active breathing, elastic materials and a high quality finish combine to ensure patient comfort.
Available in seven sizes and numerous versions to cater for the specific needs of a wide range of patients.
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
Reduces perspiration and prevents the skin from drying out. This is achieved by the patented knit which ensures rapid moisture transportation. This allows temperature moderation throughout the garments.
Clima Fresh: The integrated Clima Fresh function has an odour-inhibiting effect. This is achieved via special thread technology or via special processing during the production process.
- Primary and secondary lymphoedema stages 1, 2 and 3
- Lipoedema stages 1, 2 and 3
- Mixed lip-lymphoedema and phlebo-lymphoedema
- Post-operative oedema
- Post-traumatic oedema
- Scar treatment
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure < 30mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot). When non-elastic materials are implemented, the patient can still try out compression stocking if they have ankle arterial pressure between 50 and 60 mmHg and they are under close clinical supervision.
- Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV)
- Septic thrombophlebitis
- Phlegmasia cerulea dolens
- Severe weeping dermatosis
- Intolerance to compressive material
- Severe paraesthesia in the limbs
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. in diabetes mellitus)
- Primary chronic polyarthritis