Lumbamed plus back support
- For compression and massage
- Folding edges of the fastening
- Hand loops on both sides
The Lumbamed ® plus orthosis is used for stabilisation in the case of pain in the lumbar region (lumbar spine) or sacroiliac region (joint between the ileum and the sacrum). The Lumbamed® plus exerts its effect through its design: the interplay between the compressive knitted fabric and an integrated Vario-Flex pad with its 3D profile helps relieve pain. The edges of the fastening also fold down, which gives optimum wearing comfort when standing and sitting. The hand loops on both sides make it easy and effortless to put the orthosis on.
Lumbamed® plus is used, if it is necessary to stabilise the lumbar spine by redistributing pressure with a back pad, for example, for lower back pain or muscular imbalance in the lumbar area. In this regard, the orthosis brings the following benefits:
- Promotes a physiological alignment of the lumbar spine (flattening of the lordosis).
- The 3D profile of the Vario-Flex pad promotes the circulation and helps relax muscular tension in the back. The compressive knitted fabric can improve proprioception, which promotes stabilisation by the patient's own body.
- The opening tab allows it to be easily opened with just one finger.
- The anatomical cut-away zone in the sensitive area of the groin makes it even more comfortable to wear.
Lumbamed® plus is particularly pleasant to wear against the skin. The Vario-Flex pad with integrated vent holes and a breathable pad cover ensures a skin-friendly microclimate. The support also scores points with the soft inner surface of the fastener. The material composition of high-tech fibres and natural eucalyptus fibres also contributes to a comfortable wearing sensation. Thanks to the Clima Comfort technology, moisture is transported rapidly away from the skin due to the high breathability.
- Available as mens' (silver) and ladies' (sand) version
- Please watch the Lumbamed plus product videofor more details(video symbol within product image)
Lumbamed plus is a brace for stabilising the lumbar spine using a back pad.
*Scientifically tested by the French Textile and Apparel Institute (IFTH). The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an excellent total score with 11 out of 12 points.
Elastane, Polyamide, Polyester, Polyethylene, Polyurethane
The elaborately worked knit ensures a balanced microclimate of the skin. Moisture is transported reliably and quickly from the inner surface to evaporate from the outer surface. At the same time, the material’s active breathing structure guarantees the necessary oxygen supply.
The integrated Clima Fresh function has antibacterial actions and reliably prevents odour formation. Bacteria are kept away from the knit to maintain fibre-deep hygiene.
Soft zones in the sensitive flexor areas ensure that the support does not press on or cut into the skin, even when worn all day long.
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
All indications which require stabilisation of the lumbar spine by redistributing pressure using a back pad, such as:
- Lower back pain (lumbago)
- Postural muscle imbalance in the lumbar spine
No side-effect is known which influences the whole body. However, if supports (or similar aids) are too tight, this may lead to local pressure effects or the constriction of blood vessels or nerves in individual cases. You should thus consult your doctor in the following circumstances before applying the support:
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)