Lumbamed facet back brace
- Relieves the joints
- Doses the intra-abdominal pressure
- Stabilises the lumbar spine
A common reason for pain in the lumbar vertebrae is wear and tear of the facet joints, natural erosion of the joint surfaces.The Lumbamed® facet lumbar support brace can help in the resulting osteoarthritis of the facet joints. The double 3-point strap system provides for an individual and infinitely adjustable increase in the circular pressure. The lumbar brace helps flatten the lordosis by surrounding and straightening up the pelvis. Integrated stabilising elements in the back provide specific relief for the facet joints.
Lumbamed® facet can be used for all indications, in which it is necessary to achieve partial relief by a correction of the lumbar lordosis. This includes, for example:
- Osteoarthritis of the facet joints
- Protrusion/prolapse of an intervertebral disc
- Back pain in the lumbar spine (lower back pain)
- Pain in the lower back that radiates into the leg (sciatica)
- Narrowing of the spinal canal (lumbar spinal canal stenosis)
- Muscular imbalance in the lumbar area
- Forward shift of the spine (spondylolisthesis)
- Degenerative changes of the vertebrae (spondylosis)
- Painful conditions at the junction between the lumbar spine and the sacrum (lumbosacral junction)
The loops on both sides of Lumbamed® facet allow an easy and effortless donning of the lumbar support orthosis. In addition, a tab makes it easy to open with just one finger. The knitted fabric and straps provide optimum support for the pelvis and the sacroiliac joints (SIJ) . This is why the orthosis is also suitable for symptoms involving the SIJ. The precise double 3-point strap system provides for an individual and infinitely adjustable increase in the circular pressure exerted on the abdomen.
Comfort is also a high priority with Lumbamed® facet:
- Anatomical contour of the Comfort Zone in the sensitive groin area
- Soft inner surface of the fastener -particularly comfortable in areas where there is direct contact with the skin
- Folding edges of the fastener make it comfortable to wear when moving and sitting
- Gentle to the skin thanks to a special combination of high-tech fibres and natural eucalyptus fibres
The modern fibre technologies in Clima Comfort additionally support the rapid absorption of moisture from the surface of the skin to ensure good breathability. The integrated Clima Fresh function also prevents odours. This is achieved by a special fibre technology and a special add-on in the production process. The material has an antibacterial effect and inhibits colonisation by odour-forming bacteria.
Lumbamed facet is a support for partial stress relief of the lumbar vertebrae via correction of lordosis.
*Scientifically tested by the French Textile and Apparel Institute (IFTH). The test result shows that Clima Comfort technology from medi guarantees climate exchange between the skin and the garment. medi achieved an excellent total score with 11 out of 12 points.
Elastane, Polyamide, Polyester
medi World of Compression: signpost to the future with 65 years' competence in the field of compression. The products in the medi World of Compression are marked first and foremost by their versatility, their numerous possible combinations, their first-class finishing and that special wearing feeling – for the ‘I feel better’ moment.
The elaborately worked knit ensures a balanced microclimate of the skin. Moisture is transported reliably and quickly from the inner surface to evaporate from the outer surface. At the same time, the material’s active breathing structure guarantees the necessary oxygen supply.
Clima Fresh: The integrated Clima Fresh function has an odour-inhibiting effect. This is achieved via special thread technology or via special processing during the production process.
Soft zones in the sensitive flexor areas ensure that the support does not press on or cut into the skin, even when worn all day long.
All compression garments and compression pantyhose (round knit and flat knit), anti-embolism stockings and supports are regularly tested to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 for human ecological harmful substances and assessed. The awarding of the certificate OEKO-TEX Standard 100 guarantees tested quality that safeguards your health.
All indications requiring partial relief by reduction of lordosis of the lumbar spine such as:
- Facet joint arthrosis
- Protrusion/prolapse of an intervertebral disk
- Lower back pain (lumbago)
- Lower back pain with sciatica
- Lumbar vertebral canal stenosis
- Postural muscle imbalance in the lumbar spine
- Painful conditions of the lumbosacral junction
- Open wounds in the area of the orthosis
- Respiratory diseases such as COPD