- What is a cookie
- Our cookies
- Third party cookies
- How to manage cookies
What is a cookie?Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visitwww.allaboutcookies.org.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|userCountry, userCurrencySymbol, user Explicit, userLangId, userLanguage, userPreferredUrl, userprefs, userSalesCatalogId, userStoreId, viewed, WC_ACTIVE_POINTER, WC_AUTHENTICATION, WC_PERSISTENT, WC_SESSION_ESTABLISHED, WC_USERACTIVITY, SessionExists, ShowAlert, arc-33056-recently-viewed, JSESSIONID, mdr_browser
||These cookies remember your preferences from previous visits, allow you to add to basket and store your shopping basket. The website wouldn't work for you without them. |
|_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
||These cookies enable Google Analytics software. It helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage and new visitor numbers. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.|
The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Cookie PurposeThese cookies remember your preferences from previous visits, allow you to add to basket and store your shopping basket. The website wouldn't work for you without them. These cookies enable Google Analytics software. It helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage and new visitor numbers. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Third Party CookiesSome cookies may be set by third parties when you visit this website. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes and other third parties. These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. These third party cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify individual customers.
Social buttonsIf you 'share' www.mediuk.co.uk/shop content with friends through social networks such as Facebook, Google and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How to manage CookiesYou can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
Checking which browser you useIf you are using a PC - go to 'Help' and select the 'About' option
If you are using a Mac - click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the 'About' option
Once you know which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
Checking cookies - PCMicrosoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of your browser window. Select 'Internet options'. Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- o Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to 'Tools' and select 'Options'
- Click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies and choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Go to 'Tools' and select 'Options'
- Click 'Under the Hood' and select the 'Content settings' button within the 'Privacy' section
- Choose 'Allow local data to be set'
Checking cookies - MacSafari on OSX
- Click 'Safari' and select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click 'Explorer' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under 'Receiving Files'
- Select 'Never Ask'
- Click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept cookies'